Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

August 2, 2011

Snake Wine


      We've been drinking redhorse and and the 6 of us are having a good time .We bought a two case of Redhorse Grande, didn't notice that we are down from our last  Red Horse Grande. Most of us are drunk or tipsy already but the fun just started, since we drink our beer just like a regular water, and the time was only 10 pm and we all agreed to buy another case. Chen's father refuse because he thinks that we are too drunk to drive and he offer us a wine.. So As a respect we all say yes...  Chen's Father told us that the wine is expensive worth $700 and we think that we are lucky to taste the imported wine... He also said that its a medicine and the red horse spirit or our tipsy feeling will be gone... 6 of us smile because we don't believe that for us we are still  drunk, wine is wine ....We saw a gold colored box  and the print of the Chinese character is gold and red and As Chens dad put the wine in our table.. We are fooling around and Ned says "Sosyal! naglevel up na tayo sa red horse, 700 dolars na wine na tayo." ( "Social! We level up from redhorse to $700 wine!") We all laugh.  As Chen removes the box   I notice the label :   蛇 [shé] and thinking very hard whats the meaning of this, my brain don't function when I have a liquor spirit but challenge myself... I told to my friends I know the word... Its in the tip of my tongue... and later I gave up because the bottle caught my attention..forget that word the more important is we will have the almost 40,000 pesos wine.  The big bottle of wine is covered with red satin cloth and the packaging is really nice...   and when Chen remove the satin.. We all got horrified and jump from our chair..
 
      A bottle twice as big as Redhorse Grande and half of the bottle has snake head swimming on whisky.... Then I remember the 蛇 [shé] from the label, which means snake....I saw Chen got horrified as well,  I whisper to him, "Damn it Chen why you didn't tell us it's snake" he replied to me "Shit!I'm surprised also, I thought that its just a wine flavored snake not a wine decorated with snake head." and when I check the label on the back I showed them the ingredients.. and he said "you think I will bother to read that ingredients we got all excited because Dad offers the wine to us, right?" we all agree yes, and must admit we are drunk a bit and doesn't care.
      Chen tried to convince us to drink just 1 glass and we all said "Hell  No!".. He said its good for the heart, good for blood circulation, an aphrodisiac and he told us more about health benefit of drinking the snake wine. Then five of us said to Chen "You go first!" and he replied "why me?You guys are my visitor." We all know that Chen was horrified as well because he got surprised the way he put the bottle in the table he became sissy...
     Chen's Dad came out from the room and laughing at us and demonstrate how to drink it... just like normal whisky.... As Chen's dad pour some whisky again he intentionally drop a head of snake on the glass and gave it to his Son... Chen is f*cking scared and ask "Dad, Why me?" his dad replied "Because you are my son and you have a Chinese blood!'' As Chen drinking the whisky we are all laughing.... Ray told to Chen's dad that his wine is really magical because all of us became normal and not drunk already and we can go home... but Chen shouted "NO! not until you drink this.." and showed us the snake wine  then his dad told to him he can chew the head and Chen shout "DAD! NO!" his Dad convince him and even bribe him a 5,000 pesos if he will chew one snake head and even dare us..lots of us have stupid excuses, I told to them I'm allergic to snake, some refuse "No thanks Tito, don't need money as of this moment!" and Ray said '' I jsut discovered I have a phobia on snake...."  we all laugh...
     Each of us drink two shots... taste like Emperador light but can taste something funny that taste like raw chicken flesh which is odd ... Funny because most of us was drinking the wine with our eyes close really tight and not want to see the snake head in the glass touching our lips and you can even feel the snake tongue and feels like licking your mouth... a hair raising drink!
   We are all not drunk and buy another case of redhorse then Chen's dad offer us some concoction... which is snake penis.. an aphrodisiac ...  Well thats another story... The fun part is we get to know Chen's Dad better and never trust what he serve even his son was amazed. The best drinking session we ever had was the most bizarre... and another list of exotic food.. on second thought first of exotic drink.

4 comments:

Petronela said...

I have never heard of this wine but I am not very keen on alcohol. Nevertheless that's one hell of a bottle of wine, the snake heads and all :)))

Jade said...

well expect the weirdest and bizarre from most of Asian countries...

Pinay Scribbles said...

LOL. My father-in-law offered my sister and I a glass of white wine yesterday. He was telling us that it was an expensive wine and all.. And all I could remember was that snake wine... So I told him the story.... And his eyes grew really big. ahahahahah

Jade said...

well your wine is a regular wine not like what we tasted... its weekend and we don't have plan to stay at Chen's house.. We learned our lesson...

avalanchers

Loading...

flagcounter

free counters